Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Day I was Born



I am tired!!!! I just cleaned a good portion of my house....and wouldn't you know it, my three boys have already destroyed everything I just finished cleaning...my DH even stepped in and did some work around here today!!! Yeah!!!


I am uploading pics into this post about the Day that I was born. I did this page for the new challenge blog So Tell Me Your Story. http://sotellmeyourstory.blogspot.com/


I hope that you like it.. The pictures that I used for tis page are of me when I was three days old just after my baptism. There are two empty spaces because I still have to locate the pics of my mothers parents holding me after the baptism. The large multi-layered flower is curled up at the edges. The popular songs during 1979 are on the largest flower level. The popular TV shows in 1979 are on the second layer of the flower. The third level of the flower shows the toys that wer popular that year. I skipped the dark purple layer of the flower. The first green flower layer has the prices of things during the year of 1979. Can you believe we only paid $1.50 for a gallon of milk and $0.88 per gallon of gas? Minimum wage was $2.90 per hour and a new car averaged for $6,847 and we only paid $0.15 for a postage stamp. The tags on the ribbon show the president Jimmy Carter, vice president Walter F Mondale, and Juli Keech - Miss South Dakota Teen USA 1997 who was born the same day and year that I was. The pink circle shows a couple of major headlines for the day: Major Nuclear Accident at 3 Mile Island, Middletown, PA, Lazarus and Yosburgh's Movie Premiere "Day in Hollywood and Night in Ukraine", and British Government of Callaghan Falls. The green tag at the bottom gives a couple of more facts about the Nuclear Accident.


Man that takes a lot of writing just to see a couple of pictures, but anyways here they are!!!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I love how you did the flower on that LO! So pretty! Thanks for participating in the first challenge, and I hope you come back for #2 on the 15th!

Stacey Michaud said...

Love the colors you used on this layout and how you incorporated the photos! Great that you documented such an important day! Hope to see you on the 15th!

Aleks said...

great job, the layering on the flower is awesome and the fact that you journalled on it!

Hope to see you back again for the next challenge